Château de Guignes - Beaugency
flower garden €103 to 108 - B&B
The Château de Guignes, located between Orleans and Blois, and 20 minutes from Chambord, offers 2 charming bedrooms, with view on the gardens, the wooded grounds and the fountains.
- The Château de Guignes is a typical castle of the Loire Valley, built in the 18th century on a hill side on a 10 acres domains.
- Very spacious, the rooms are located on the 2nd floor.
- The “cerises” room, with 4 large windows offers a breathtaking view.
- The 2 bedrooms and the roomy lounge of the Family Suite “Napoleon” oversees the grounds and the valley.
- The 5 acre landscaped garden hosts approximately 40 types of trees – some of them are over hundred years old; a small river named “le Lien” crosses the grounds. Water is omnipresent on the property: with the fountain wall ( copy of the 100 fountains in the Villa d’Este – Italy), basins, fountains, wells , springs.
- A large terrace, inspired by Italian Renaissance, is embellished with buxus and flowery borders.
All the year, except between December 20th and January 2nd
- Visit of the famous Loire Valley castles : Chambord, Blois, Cheverny, Talcy, Beaugency, Meung-sur-Loire
- Parks and Gardens : Roquelin Gardens , the National Conservatory of Ilex in Meung sur Loire, new French Gardens in Chambord, Parc Floral of La Source near Orleans, Gardens and the famous « Festival des Jardins » in Chaumont sur Loire
- Visit of Beaugency, one of “ 100 most beautiful detours in France” Michelin Guide
- Bike along the Loire on the “Loire à Vélo”
- The Wine road of Orleans
- Fishing in the Loire (1 mile)
- Aquatic Center in Beaugency ( 2 miles)