Landscaped park €180 - from - B&B
Three B&B suites full of character and originality inside the smallest castle of the Loire Valley; a private and authentic castle in the midst of the vineyards of Cheverny.
- Château de Troussay allows you to experience the French castle lifestyle by staying in its guest rooms. This peaceful and luxurious haven offers you all the modern comforts you expect.
- The « Louis de La Saussaye » suite: 2 double bedrooms for 2 to 4 people on the first floor of the caste with one king sized and one double bed respectively, with a 1930’s style bathroom in the tower; featuring classic French « toile de Jouy » pattern printed cotton wallpaper.
- The « Alix » suite : on the second floor of the castle, 2 bedrooms and an ensuite bathroom ; one children’s room with bunkbeds, the other featuring a double bed; « toile de jouy » classic French decoration, and a retro 1950’s style bathroom.
- The « Baron » suite : on the second floor of the castle, 1 bedroom measuring 40m2 for 2 persons with a shower room in the tower; featuring classic French « Braquenié » wallpaper.
- At Troussay we care about ecology, recycling and the environment. We hope that Troussay can help, as it has done for so long, to spread the message about the issues we face today and to do our bit to face them
- There is a signposted route through the castle grounds which features useful information about the biodiversity of the plants and animals you may come across. The 19th Century English style park, which features mature trees, is in part left wild to encourage biodiversity. It has a certain charm, being a place of reverie which invites you to contemplate on the environment and the respect which it deserves.
From Easter Sunday to 30th September
In the medias
La Nouvelle République du Centre of March 8, 2017
« […] the castle of Troussay, located in Cheverny, will be in the spotlight on the issue of France 2, » Private tours « , presented by Stéphane Bern. This issue devoted to women, on the occasion of their International Day, will highlight especially the commitment of Isaure de Sainte-Marie, owner of the place, presented as « the smallest of the castles of the Loire »
Parks and Gardens Committee of France
[…] The landscaped English park invites you to admire its variety of ancient trees such as Lebanon cedars, blue cedars, Virginia cedars and this beautiful old Quercus Ilex.
- Castle Grounds- Guided tour of the Castle- Guest Rooms- Cottages to rent- Events (wed,dings, work events)
- Surrounding vineyards; castles parks and gardens of Chambord, Cheverny, Blois, Chaumont, Chenonceaux, Amboise, Gaillard and Clos Lucé
- Beauval zoo
- Horse riding, golf, walking, cycling, archery
- Hot air baloon flights in the Loire Valley starting from the castle