landscaped garden €120 to 150 - B&B
Charming guest house in the heart of the Loire Valley, Le Manoir de la Baldette welcomes you to Maine-et-Loire, in the village of Gennes, in the heart of the Regional Natural Park Loire-Anjou-Touraine.
- A few kilometers from Saumur, this manor is the former residence of the prior of Saint-Eusebe.
- Built from the 14th century, restored with craftsmen with traditional know-how, this harmonious ensemble is made of typical tufa stone from the Loire Valley.
- Five comfortable rooms await you with each its identity and its special atmosphere.
- After a day exploring the Loire and the riches of Anjou, rest in the calm of our garden and its small waterfall, watch fly dragonflies above the basins, stroll through the park to see the whole village of Gennes at your feet, and enjoy at breakfast the fruits of our orchard.
- Lovers of nature can discover the many varieties of roses that scent the air, listen to the song of birds or be surprised by a curious squirrel !
all the year
- Between Angers and Saumur, you will discover varied landscapes along the banks of the Loire with
- protected natural environments (ponds),
- the holds and quays where once the tufa,
- a very rich ancient architecture (menhirs and dolmens, troglodyte habitat)
- Gallo-Roman amphitheater, mills, castles, abbeys, Romanesque churches including the priory of Saint-Eusebe …)
- not to mention the vineyards of the Coteaux du Layon and the famous wines of Saumur !
- hot air balloon flights directly from the village of Gennes