Jardin remarquable €170 to 225 /day - B&B
Located in a 2.5 hectare botanical park and containing more than 2500 different species of plants, the Prieuré d’Orchaise offers five luxury rooms and suites within 20 minutes of the Chambord castle, Blois, Cheverny, Chaumont on the Loire.
- Le Prieuré d’Orchaise, originally built in 1060, near a church partly dating from the same time, offers five luxury rooms and suites each with bathroom and individual toilets. The building, which was rebuilt in the 15th century and enlarged in the 19th century, was completely renovated three years ago.Possibility of exclusive rental of the entire Prieuré with breakfast included.
- Possibility of exclusive rental of the entire Prieuré with breakfast included.
- The botanical park of 2.5 hectares, is located in front of the national forest of Blois, in height, overlooking the valley of the Cisse. It includes more than 2500 species of plants brought back from around the world by its creator Hubert Treuille, father of the current owner.
- The park is made up of a part located in front of the Prieuré, a French style, and a more bucolic part containing two basins and many benches to rest in an English-style.
- The botanical collection is remarkable by maple, oak and magnolia, as well as its collection of 280 species of peonies and more than 200 species of roses.
- The garden received the first Bonpland award from the National Horticultural Society of France, and has appeared in numerous press articles.
all the year
The newspaper « La Nouvelle Republique » dated June 6, 2017: « Full of visitors at the days of the rose … at every step the different fragrances of this garden surprised the visitor … In the alley of the sixty-five roses, the irises blended with the brilliant colors of the roses, and in all, two hundred and fifty roses mingle with the other trees and flowers. «
- Hiking and cycling (6 bicycles are available for residents), or on horseback
- Ping-pong, swing, croquet, piano
- Nearby vineyards
- Hot air balloon rides
- Proximity to the Beauval Zoo
- Many castles can be visited in the immediate area (Bois, Chaumont, Amboise, Chambord, Cheverny, Chenonceau, Valmer)